The two sides have met just once before – 11 June 2003 in a friendly. Brazil won 3-0. The two sides will square off again on Sunday, 13 October 2019. Kick off is at 14:00 (SAST / 12:00GMT). You can find live scores for Brazil vs Nigeria on our live soccer scores page. Team line ups and match incident updates also appear on our scores page.
Brazil vs Nigeria: Results this year
Brazil have won four of their last six games – one drawn, one loss.
Nigeria have won three of their last six games – drawn one and lost two.
Brazil vs Nigeria: Will there be goals?
There might be. Brazil have scored an average of two goals a game this year – 12 in total. Nigeria have scored ten goals this year – and the Super Eagles aren’t all that super at the back either.
Nigeria have conceded twice (eight) as many goals as many goals as Brazil (four).
Article continues below the headlines in brief.
Brazil vs Nigeria: Head-to-head
Brazil vs Nigeria: Which players matter?
- Gabriel Jesus has been the leading goal scorer in friendlies in 2019 with five goals.
- Dani Alves has assisted on three occassions. He is also the oldest player in the squad (36)
- In the three friendlies played, Nigeria has not scored in the second half.
- Brazil has scored eight of the 12 goals in the second half in their six friendlies in 2019/
Brazil vs Nigeria: When do the teams score their goals?
Alex Iwobi vs Gabriel Jesus
These are the two players many expect to light up the fixture.
Gabriel Jesus vs Alex Iwobi: By the numbers
- In his last ten games in the English Premier League, Jesus has scored on four occasions for Manchester City.
- Iwobi has scored twice in the last 10 games with Everton.
Other stats worth noting
Neymar has scored seven goals in the last 10 games and is the most in-form player coming into this friendly.
Nigerian players on debut
Alhassan Ibrahim (Akwa United)
- Has scored nine goals in 15 games for his side.
- Has played for the Nigeria U20
Mikel Ndubusi Agu (Vitoria FC on loan from FC Porto)
Sikirun Olatunbosun (MFM FC)
- Has scored seven goals for his side this season
- And has plied his trade in Turkey
Stephen Odey (MFM FC)
- Youngest of the four players on debut (19 years old).
- Scored a hattrick against Lobi Stars in 2017, this was his breakthrough moment.