Predicted Vs Usual Psl Results

Predicted vs usual PSL results for Kaizer Chiefs, Pirates and more this weekend

Kaizer Chiefs have a chance to stretch their lead at the top of the PSL log when they travel to play Golden Arrows at Moses Mabhida Stadium while Orlando Pirates will look to continue their resurgence against AmaZulu. Mamelodi Sundowns are not playing this weekend, making it even more import for Chiefs to stay on track if they want to challenge for the title.

But as we have so often seen in the PSL this season, predictions do not always go as planned. While there are some clear favourites in this weekend’s PSL fixtures, the teams who have the better odds don’t always win their fixtures with those odds.

Take the match between SuperSport United and Chippa United, for example. SuperSport United have been given a 60% chance of winning and Chippa only 24%. But Matsatsantsa only win 40% of matches at these odds and the Chilli Boys 30%.

And PSL newbies Stellenbosch FC, who have had a rough time this season, are a prime example of why there are many factors to consider when making predictions. They host Polokwane City on Saturday and while they are favourites on paper, the bigger picture is a bit more complicated.

Stellies have a 56% chance of success, although they generally only win 17% of fixtures at these odds. Polokwane have a 27% chance of victory and generally win 32% of these games.

AmaZulu, meanwhile, have the worst chance of all teams this weekend. Orlando Pirates are heavily favoured with a 74% chance of victory and they usually win 57% of fixtures at these odds. AmaZulu have a 15% chance of taking three points, but generally only win 1% of their matches with these predictions.

The good news for Kaizer Chiefs is that their expected win percentage matches their usual win percentage with these odds – both sit at 58% for their clash against Golden Arrows on Saturday.

This weekend’s fixture list stretches across three days and here’s how the odds compare vs what the results usually end up being. Kick off times (SAST) are included below the graphics.

Cape Town FC vs Black Leopards

Psl Fixtures Odds Of Winning Vs Usual Results 24 26 Jan 2020 (1)

Kick-off time: 24 January, 20:00.

SuperSport United vs Chippa United

Psl Fixtures Odds Of Winning Vs Usual Results 24 26 Jan 2020 (2)

Kick-off time: 24 January, 20:00.

Golden Arrows vs Kaizer Chiefs

Psl Fixtures Odds Of Winning Vs Usual Results 24 26 Jan 2020 (3)

Kick-off time: 25 January, 15:30.

Stellenbosch vs Polokwane City

Psl Fixtures Odds Of Winning Vs Usual Results 24 26 Jan 2020 (4)

Kick-off time: 25 January, 15:30.

Orlando Pirates vs AmaZulu

Psl Fixtures Odds Of Winning Vs Usual Results 24 26 Jan 2020 (5)

Kick-off time: 25 January, 18:00.

Baroka FC vs Maritzburg United

Psl Fixtures Odds Of Winning Vs Usual Results 24 26 Jan 2020 (6)

Kick-off time: 26 January, 15:30.