These cookies are not only gluten-free and vegan, they also contain much less sugar than your usual cookie recipe. You can also replace the sugar with xylitol, add even less or ditch it completely.
Ingredients for your choc chip cookies
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, or more if desired
- optional 1/3 cup chopped macadamia or walnuts
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp milk (if vegan use your almond milk)
How to mix your choc chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix the vanilla essence, oil and milk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into small balls (golf ball size).
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and lightly grease.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet, leaving enough space between the cookies.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.