Extra Time Media will not be held liable for any account indiscretions as a result of using this information or as a result of not following instructions correctly.
The new Sims 4 Snowy Escape expansion pack will release on 13 November 2020 and will follow a staggered release across the world. It will be available for download at midnight across timezones.
The new base game update has already gone live and builders are already sharing their amazing creations using the new platform tool. But players are eagerly awaiting the Sims 4 Snowy Escape expansion pack’s release.
If you’ve been playing The Sims 4 for a long time, you'll be familiar with the staggered timezone release by now. That simply means it will release wherever you are in the world, the pack will be released at midnight.
Time zones mean that some Simmers will get "early access" to The Sims 4 Snowy escape. Australia will be the first region to get access to the pack, around 13:00 GMT on 12 November 2020.
Using a VPN for early access to Snowy Escape
This will only work and be allowed if you have pre-ordered Snowy Escape in your own currency or country.
Virtual Private Network (VPN). VPNs are useful for a safer internet experience in general, but can come in quite handy in this case.
To get The Sims 4 Snowy Escape earlier by using a VPN, you must follow the instructions here carefully or risk your account getting banned for breaking some of Origin’s terms of service.
To repeat, you can only do this with games you pre-ordered or for games bought in your region. You risk your account being banned if you try and use a VPN to get “better deals” from other regions.
So if you want early/earlier access to The Sims 4 Snowy Escape expansion, you must first pay for the expansion pack before turning on the VPN.
While it is a bit sneaky, an EA Community manager has previously said on the support forums that this is okay to do.
Here is a link to a forum answer about the question of using a VPN for ‘early access’:
“We won’t take any action if you use a VPN to unlock your locally purchased game earlier. We might not be able to help if you’re having issues -for example if you try to play the MP with the VPN you may have problems- but we won’t chase after people for doing this.”
How to get early access to The Sims 4 Snowy Escape expansion
Once again, we repeat that we will not be held responsible for not following the advice below properly. We will also not be held responsible if this does not work for you.
1. You need to download a VPN – there are many free options available. Windscribe is a popular option.
2. Once you have installed your VPN, you will need to connect to a network in the appropriate timezone (ie Australia or New Zealand in this case).
3. Once you have connected, you can open Origin and you should be able to access your game earlier.
4. If it doesn’t work, you can try shutting down both origin and your computer. Make sure your computer stays disconnected from the internet at startup and Origin doesn’t auto-launch. Try connecting to the internet and through the VPN again and launch origin via your browser.
You might have to try this a few times to get the download to begin. Once the download starts and finishes, you need to stay connected to your VPN. Once everything is loaded, you can alt-tab out and disconnect.
- How to build a functional, communal apartment laundry room with TOOL
- Sims 4 platform update: Apartments can use sunken floors and split levels
- Sims 4 MC Command Centre, UI Cheats updated after November patch
- Sims no longer wash dishes where they angry poop
- Sims 4 Studio latest: Batch fix for CC windows and doors now out
- So long Sims 4 Eyeball Ring, we knew ye well – November update news
- Sims 4: What to do if your game is crashing after Snowy Escape update