Chances are you have probably seen at least some of the features that came with the new Sims 4 Snowy Escape expansion pack by now.
From climbing Mt. Komerebi (even if the process to get there is a little bit meh) to Yamachan burning people’s houses down by insisting on baking cakes when they are not home.
One much t(r)outed (sorry not sorry) feature of the new pack prior to release is the ability to build a koi pond/fountain. But if you have tried and failed in this endeavour (maybe it’s just us…), we’re here to help.
Adding koi fish to fountains and ponds in Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Adding dead object fish from debug mode doesn’t work, in case you were wondering. Unless you are trying to create what resembles a large jar of pickled koi fish, it’s not gonna happen.
Fortunately, actually getting the koi fish to spawn is quite simple. Your Sims doesn’t need to go on a fishing expedition to acquire them and there’s no need for complicated cheats or workarounds either.
Here are some koi fish looking very surprised that they exist in a pond, built by the person who can’t follow instructions. If you want your own koi pond in the new Sims 4 Snowy Escape pack, here’s how you do it.
- Build your fountain or pool (whatever you plan on using as your pond).
- Find the new Snowy Escape Water Lily Patch in fountain decorations part of build/buy mode.
- In hindsight, perhaps the description saying ‘perfect for attracting koi fish’ is a hint that this is where they spawn from. We digress…
- Place the lily pad on your fountain or pool. They are quite big, so if you want a slightly smaller pond, you can use the [ key to size them down a touch. The fish should remain the same size, regardless.
- Switch back to live mode and there you go. Koi fish swimming around instantly, as if by magic.
Sims 4 Snowy Escape: How to create a koi pond build tutorial
If you find these tutorials useful and you’d like such frivolous indulgences sent straight to your inbox, consider signing up to our Sims newsletter. It’s free, but helps us believe that we actually have friends that aren’t computer-generated.