Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Manchester United kick off the English Premier League’s Boxing Day action with a trip to face dangerous Leicester at the King Power Stadium.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are in fine league form, coming into the contest a point and a place behind their second-placed hosts, with a game in hand to boot.
Last Sunday’s helter-skelter 6-2 stuffing of Leeds was the latest indication that this season’s United are no turkeys.
Marcos Rojo is the only confirmed absentee but Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Scott McTominay are both major doubts having missed League Cup quarter-final duty in midweek.
Axel Tuanzebe could deputise in defence, while Solskjaer has the luxury of Paul Pogba as one of several midfield options.
Leicester made it three wins in four when they bested Tottenham 2-0 last Sunday at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
It was a timely success for the Foxes, who had slipped up against Everton in their previous fixture.
They come into Christmas four points adrift of reigning champions Liverpool at the top of the EPL standings.
Boss Brendan Rodgers won’t be able to call on Daniel Armartey or Ricardo Pereira, both of whom are injured for the festive fixture.
Star man Jamie Vardy should be fit to start at the sharp end, with Caglar Soyuncu a possible returnee in the backline.
Leicester City vs Manchester United: EPL predictions by the numbers
- Coming into this game, Leicester City has picked up nine points from their last five games, both home and away. That’s 1.8 points per game on average. Leicester City has scored eight times in the last five fixtures.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last six games for Leicester City ending with two goals or more being scored.
- Just two of the last five games for Leicester City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won three of those five games.
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Manchester United has scored 15 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Manchester United is on a solid run of form away from home. They have won the last six and is unbeaten in six away trips.
- Scoring is not an issue for Manchester United when they play away from home. They have scored in the last six games they have played on the road.
- Momentum is really building for Manchester United as they have now gone seven games without losing. They have won four of the last five games they have played.
- In the last five matches for Manchester United, four of those games has ended with both teams scoring.
Leicester vs Manchester United: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Leicester vs Manchester United: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Leicester Starting XI: Kasper Schmeichel, Wesley Fofana, Jonny Evans, Christian Fuchs, Marc Albrighton, Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemens, James Justin, James Maddison, Harvey Barnes, Jamie Vardy.
Probable Manchester United Starting XI: David de Gea, Axel Tuanzebe, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Fred, Paul Pogba, Mason Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial.