Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
There is plenty at stake for both sides as Chelsea make the short trip across west London for a capital city derby against Fulham in the English Premier League.
Frank Lampard’s men have stuttered badly in recent weeks, tumbling out of the title reckoning with one win in their last five and none in their last three EPL fixtures.
Last Sunday’s home defeat at the hands of Manchester City ensured the Blues come into the weekend ninth in the table.
Midfield dynamo N’Golo Kante misses out through suspension, while there are doubts over Reece James and Andreas Christensen at the back.
Christian Pulisic, meanwhile, may drop to the bench if Lampard puts his faith in Callum Hudson-Odoi.
Fulham were parachuted in to play Tottenham on Wednesday night in a fixture reshuffle by the Premier League mandarins – something which greatly irked boss Scott Parker, who in turn, predictably, irked Jose Mourinho with his complaints.
In any case, the Cottagers came from behind to record their fifth draw on the bounce.
A decent achievement for sure, but not enough to drag themselves out of the relegation mire as the season heads towards the halfway point.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek is barred from playing against his parent club, meaning there could be space for Ademola Lookman in the starting XI.
Aleksander Mitrovic is also unlikely to be at Parker’s disposal for the derby.
Fulham vs Chelsea: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Fulham has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Fulham has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Fulham has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Momentum is really building for Fulham as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 0 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Fulham is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Chelsea, having won 0 and drawn 5. They have scored 3 goals in those 5 games.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Fulham recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Fulham has fired blanks in 7 games this season. That’s 44% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 3 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Fulham, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (50% of all matches) involving Fulham has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Chelsea has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Chelsea ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Chelsea, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 9 matches (53% of all matches) involving Chelsea has seen BTTS landing.
- It’s likely that Chelsea will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
Stats source: footystats.org
Fulham vs Chelsea: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Fulham vs Chelsea: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Fulham Starting XI: Alphonse Areola, Ola Aina, Joachim Andersen, Tosin Adarabioyo, Kenny Tete, Bobby De Cordova-Reid, Harrison Reed, Andre-Frank Zambo-Anguissa, Antonee Robinson, Ivan Cavaleiro, Ademola Lookman.
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Thiago Silva, Ben Chilwell, Mateo Kovacic, Billy Gilmour, Mason Mount, Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner, Callum Hudson-Odoi.