There’s a brand new patch out for The Sims 4, released on 21 January 2021, ahead of the new Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack. While the patch was quite small, there are a few changes to moodlets and buffs – most notably the Scared emotion being added with some Tense moodlets converted accordingly.
While it is impossible to track every single piece of CC and every single mod out there, we do our best to check and note which of the more popular items have been affected by the latest Sims 4 updates. The official Sims 4 forum also usually has a list of broken/updated/fine mods and ccc of the of Safe For Work variety.
Remember that you will have to turn your mods and CC back on after you patch your game. If you use any mods that make changes to emotions, you will most likely run into problems.
We will do our best to ensure that the list below is updated as often as possible. However, you should always back up your saves and your game files before updating your game.
Also make sure you check the platforms of the creators you downloaded your CC or mods to see if they have released any updates for their content.
It is also worth remembering that what works for one player might not work for another, as many of these glitches will depend on the combination of custom content and mods you are using. Sometimes it is mods that cause a conflict with themselves rather than a conflict with the updates.
This writer lives in South Africa – which is GMT+2. So while we’d love to stay up all night, we do like to sleep. That said, we’ll keep the updates coming as often as possible.
Sims 4 Broken mods, CC and other issues after the Paranormal Patch
Last updated refers to when we last updated this article. Mods that require an update – for things like new moods – will be listed under ‘broken’.
There appears to be an issue with the base game after the recent update not resulting from any custom content or mods. Players might notice large puddles around their Sims after they get and drink water. This could be as a result of patch, which prepared the game for the return of Bonehilda.
Last updated: 15:48 SAST on 22 January 2021.
- Darker Progress Circle (Scumbumbo)
- Don’t Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop, by Scumbumbo, updated by LeRoiDeTout — works only on sinks, not dishes
Mods by Eunola:
- Not So Berry
- Rags to Riches
Mods and CC unaffected, updated or reported as fine by creator
- Reminisce Overhaul (ChippedSim)
- Dance Holiday Tradition (ChippedSim)
- Faster Gardening Mod (SCUMBUMBO)
- Ask To Move In Requirements (Scarlet)
- UI Cheats Extension (weerbesu)
- Meaningful Stories
- Mod Constructor v4 (Zerbu)
- Storytelling Toolkit: Emotions Module
- Wonderful Whims (TURBODRIVER)
- MCCC (TURBODRIVER)
- Meaningful Stories (roBurky)
- My Food Enabler + All Recipes (Robin)
- No Spicy Food Reaction (Robin)
- Knit Quickly (Robin)
- Small Vegetarian Overhaul (Robin)
- Private Practice (SimRealist)
- New Emotional Traits (Kuttoe)
- New Hobby Traits (Kuttoe)
- Social Consultant (Sacrificial)
- Life Manager (Sacrificial)
- Slow Dance (Sacrificial)
- Romantic Skygaze (Sacrificial)
- Life’s Drama (Sacrificial)
- CC Wrench Override
- Better Exceptions
- Better BuildBuy
- Expandable BuildBuy
- AllCheats and my other “Always” or toggle mods.
- Color Sliders for Hair and Clothes (players report not being able to exit the game without using Task Manager)
Mods by Eunola:
- No Welcome Wagon
- Slower Relationship
- Longer Life
- Teens Help Teens
- Teens Help Children
- No Autonomous Cooking
SHUSHU updated mods:
• Hire a Personal Trainer
• Invite Any Toddlers to Toddler Play Dates
• Only Young Adults at Nightclubs
• Keep Sims at Home Regions
• Purchase Organizer
• Better Libraries – No Talking
• Donor Mod
LittleMsSam updated mods:
- Hire certain Sims (incl. Family Members) at Restaurants
- Hire certain Vet Employees
- Holiday Home Standalone Version
- Housewarming Party (instead of Welcome Wagon)
- Improved Kids Night Light
- Live in Business
- More Buyable Venues and new Venue Types
- More Woodworks
- Power Napping on Sofas
- Pregnancy Overhaul
- Random Bug Fixes “Fame Quirk Fix” & “Elevator Fix Toddler”
- Random Small Mods “Fan Stans only Homeless”, “Bouncer only Homeless” (Get Famous)
- Sleep In
- Small Invite to Hang Out Overhaul
- Teach me the Rumbasim
- Always Keep a Doctor at the Hospital (Updated by Scarlet)
- Bugfixes – It’s a Crying Shame (Updated by LittleMsSam)
- Keep Books After Publishing (Updated by LittleMsSam)
- Molding Clay Builds Creativity (Updated by LittleMsSam)
- No More Creepy Playdate Calls
- Paint from Reference Anywhere (Updated by LittleMsSam)
- Set Filters on Paintings by Reference (Updated by LittleMsSam)
- Smarter Autonomous Meal Sizes (Updated by LittleMsSam)
- Smarter Baby Care (Updated by Scarlet)
- Tuning Error Notifier (Updated by Nisa K.) – Do not use with Sims Log Enabler
- Violin and Guitar Bugfixes (Updated by LittleMsSam)