Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Manchester United have the chance to go top of the English Premier League table when they make the short trip to Burnley on Tuesday night.
The Red Devils go into their game in hand level on points at the summit with bitter rivals and reigning champions Liverpool.
Just a point from their Turf Moor trip would be enough to hit the front amid a formidable run of form.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are unbeaten in ten and have won four of their last five, leading the charge as pretenders to the throne of their Merseyside combatants.
Edinson Cavani could return up front following the completion of his three-match ban, but there are a host of injury doubts for Solskjaer’s men.
Luke Shaw, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof and Paul Pogba are all doubtful for the trip across Lancashire.
Burnley have enjoyed a much-needed upturn in fortunes in recent weeks, winning three of their last five to inch away from the relegation zone.
Sean Dyche’s side beat whipping boys Sheffield United last time out but haven’t played in the EPL since that 29 December appointment.
There are doubts over four of the Clarets players with Jimmy Dunne, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Taylor and hotshot Dwight McNeil all suffering from knocks.
Burnley vs Manchester United: Predictions by the average numbers
- Coming into this game, Burnley has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Burnley has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Burnley has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Manchester United’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop Burnley from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- Burnley has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 6 occasions.
- Burnley will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Manchester United, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Burnley recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Burnley has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That’s 53% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Burnley has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/15 games for Burnley this season.
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Manchester United has scored 14 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Manchester United away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 7 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for Manchester United when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 7 games they have played on the road. Can Burnley stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Manchester United as they have now gone 10 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Manchester United is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Burnley, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 14 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Manchester United, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (69% of all matches) involving Manchester United has seen BTTS landing.
- It’s likely that Manchester United will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 14 goals in the last five games.
Stats source: footystats.org
Burnley vs Manchester United: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Burnley vs Manchester United: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Burnley Starting XI: Nick Pope, Matthew Lowton, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Erik Pieters, Johann Gudmundsson, Josh Brownhill, Ashley Westwood, Robbie Brady, Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood.
Probable Manchester United Starting XI: David de Gea, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Axel Tuanzebe, Harry Maguire, Alex Telles, Scott McTominay, Fred, Anthony Martial, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Edinson Cavani.