Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Manchester United go to old rivals Arsenal on Saturday with a fight on their hands to regain top spot in the English Premier League.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was as shocked as anyone to see his side humbled 2-1 at Old Trafford by rock-bottom Sheffield United in midweek.
It opened the door for cross-city rivals Manchester City to take pole position as reigning champions Liverpool stutter in their title defence.
The Red Devils come into the weekend in second spot, a point behind City and a point above third-placed Leicester.
Eric Bailly is doubtful following a training ground calamity, which would see him join fellow defenders Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo on the sidelines.
Veteran Edinson Cavani could come in to spearhead the attack at the expense of Anthony Martial.
Arsenal are picking up appreciably under the guidance of Mikel Arteta, who was batting off questions around his suitability for the job a few short weeks ago.
The Gunners’ midweek victory at Southampton was their fifth in six unbeaten EPL matches.
It’s a run that has hoisted them from the alarm of a potential relegation battle, to ninth place and level on points with rivals Chelsea.
They could remain without Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang here, though, with the Gabonese front man absent for personal reasons.
Kieran Tierney remains a doubt, while Arteta won’t have been comforted by the sight of Emile Smith Rowe and Thomas Partey hobbling off at St Mary’s Stadium.
Arsenal vs Manchester United: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Arsenal has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Arsenal has scored 11 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Arsenal has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Momentum is really building for Arsenal as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Arsenal has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding one goal during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Arsenal is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Manchester United, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 11 goals in those 5 games.
- Arsenal has fired blanks in 7 games this season. That’s 37% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 11 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Arsenal has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 7/19 games for Arsenal this season.
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Manchester United has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Manchester United away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 10 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Manchester United as they have now gone 13 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Manchester United has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 6 occasions.
- Manchester United is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Arsenal, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 6 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Manchester United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/19 games for Manchester United this season.
Stats source: footystats.org
Arsenal vs Manchester United: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Arsenal vs Manchester United: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Arsenal Starting XI: Bernd Leno, Hector Bellerin, Rob Holding, David Luiz, Kieran Tierney, Thomas Partey, Granit Xhaka, Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith-Rowe, Nicolas Pepe, Alexandre Lacazette.
Probable Manchester United Starting XI: David de Gea, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Fred, Scott McTominay, Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba, Edinson Cavani.