Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Liverpool are out to make their corner-turned a full blown revival as they go to West Ham in the English Premier League on Sunday.
It’s a second trip to London in four days for the reigning champions, who put a lid on a rotten run of form on Thursday night when they returned from Tottenham clutching three precious points.
With five winless EPL fixtures now in the rear-view mirror, boss Jurgen Klopp can turn his attention back to closing down the two Manchester clubs at the top of the table.
The Reds start this weekend fourth in the standings, four points behind leaders City, with United and Leicester also standing in the way of back-to-back titles.
Joel Matip’s comeback from injury was curtailed at Spurs, leaving Klopp once again with a defensive headache as the likes of Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez continue their respective spells on the sidelines.
Curtis Jones may come in to freshen up the midfield in place of veteran James Milner.
There’s also the improbable concern of hosts West Ham, who have rocketed up to fifth place and would overtake their visitors with victory at the London Stadium.
Down-to-earth boss David Moyes has been at pains to keep a lid on the optimism in the East End of the capital, despite his Hammers making it four wins on the bounce with London derby success at Crystal Palace in midweek.
Arthur Masuaku is the only confirmed casualty for the men in claret and blue, who are busy rustling up some incoming January transfer business to boost their unlikely top four tilt.
West Ham vs Liverpool: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, West Ham United has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. West Ham United has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- West Ham United has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Liverpool’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop West Ham United from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 9 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for West Ham United as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- West Ham United has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- West Ham United is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Liverpool, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 7 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for West Ham United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/20 games for West Ham United this season.
- It’s likely that West Ham United will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Liverpool has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Liverpool has scored once in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Liverpool turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 3 draws and 2 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Liverpool recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Liverpool has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/19 games for Liverpool this season.
- Liverpool will need to improve their attack if they’re to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 4 matches. During the last five games, they have scored once and overall this season they have scored 1.95 goals per game.
Stats source: footystats.org
West Ham vs Liverpool: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
West Ham vs Liverpool: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable West Ham Starting XI: Lukasz Fabianski, Vladimir Coufal, Craig Dawson, Angelo Ogbonna, Aaron Cresswell, Declan Rice, Tomas Soucek, Jarrod Bowen, Said Benrahma, Pablo Fornals, Michail Antonio.
Probable Liverpool Starting XI: Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, Andy Robertson, Thiago, Georginio Wijnaldum, Curtis Jones, Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane.