Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Manchester United are looking to shrug off the English Premier League inconsistency when they travel to West Brom on Sunday.
The Red Devils head to the Hawthorns handily placed as the nearest challengers to noisy neighbours Manchester City at the top of the EPL table, but have won just once in their last four.
That victory was a 9-0 battering of sorry Southampton at Old Trafford and the goals kept flowing on home turf at the weekend, as Everton pinched a point thanks to a last-gasp 3-3 draw.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has played down any title talk in recent weeks but his charges are two points clear of the rest going into the weekend, albeit five points back from Pep Guardiola side who also boast a game in hand.
Paul Pogba is injured for the trip to the Midlands, with the World Cup winner joining long-term casualty Phil Jones in the treatment room, while Eric Bailly is a doubt for Solskjaer’s men.
The clamour has grown in recent weeks for Dean Henderson to replace struggling David de Gea in goal for United.
West Brom are sinking fast in their battle to beat the drop into the Championship, despite the arrival of gnarled old Sam Allardyce in the dugout.
The Baggies have just a point to show for their last five fixtures since a shock Black Country Derby success away to Wolves.
Tottenham, inspired by returning England captain Harry Kane, piled on the misery in the capital last Sunday, leaving Allardyce’s side in serious danger of replacing Sheffield United at the foot of the table.
Okay Yokuslu could make his full debut, joining Arsenal loanee Ainsley Maitland-Niles in the front line battle to avoid relegation.
Karlan Grant is doubtful to feature, as is Grady Diangana, while keeper Sam Johnstone is set to face his boyhood club between the sticks.
West Brom vs Manchester United: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, West Bromwich Albion has picked up one point from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. West Bromwich Albion has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 13 games for West Bromwich Albion ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can West Bromwich Albion turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for West Bromwich Albion recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- West Bromwich Albion has fired blanks in 11 games this season. That’s 48% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 4 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for West Bromwich Albion, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (48% of all matches) involving West Bromwich Albion has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Manchester United has scored 15 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Manchester United away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 11 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Manchester United has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Manchester United will be looking to keep up the momentum today against West Bromwich Albion, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Manchester United, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (61% of all matches) involving Manchester United has seen BTTS landing.
Stats source: footystats.org
West Brom vs Manchester United: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based on publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
West Brom vs Manchester United: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable West Brom Starting XI: Sam Johnstone, Darnell Furlong, Semi Ajayi, Kyle Bartley, Kieran Gibbs, Robert Snodgrass, Okay Yokuslu, AInsley Maitland-Niles, Conor Gallagher, Matheus Pereira, Mbaye Diagne.
Probable Manchester United Starting XI: Dean Henderson, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Fred, Scott McTominay, Mason Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Edinson Cavani.
Antoinette is a recovering journalist, having written for Sports Illustrated, The Guardian, Daily Maverick and others. She has won multiple SAB Journalist of the Year awards, across a variety of categories. She thinks it’s strange writing about herself in the third person, unless she’s playing as herself in The Sims…which she’s been doing for over 20 years.