The Uefa Champions League knockout stage kicks off with a bang in Spain on Tuesday night, as Paris Saint-Germain visit Barcelona for their last 16 first leg clash.
Both clubs put their respective domestic hiccups on hold to cruise through the group stage before the turn of the year.
Barca rattled up 15 points in Group G, pipped to top spot by Italian giants Juventus on equal points.
PSG, meanwhile, made light enough work of Group H, finishing top above RB Leipzig with dangerous English Premier League side Manchester United knocked out in third place.
Both sides have injury headaches coming into the latter stages, with Philippe Coutinho and wonderkid Ansu Fati among those missing for the home side.
Boss Ronald Koeman is also set to be without defensive duo Gerard Pique and Ronald Araujo, meaning Dutchman Frenkie de Jong could drop back to bolster the ranks.
Riqui Puig and Pedri are on hand to supply some young blood for the Catalan club, while Samuel Umtiti is unlikely to be risked in the first leg.
Neymar is the big miss for the French champions, with the Brazilian forward joined on the sidelines by fellow South American Angel Di Maria.
Juan Bernat is also crocked for boss Mauricio Pochettino, who may at least be able to call on and or all of Keylor Navas, Layvin Kurzawa and Ander Herrera.
Rafinha is facing a race against time to be fit as is Marco Verratti, who would be a vital cog in the offensive wheel for Pochettino.
Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain: By the numbers
- Barcelona and PSG go head to head in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday. The last meeting ended with the following result : FC Barcelona 6 – 1 PSG.
- These 2 teams have met 8 times in the last several seasons based on the data that we have of them.
- Out of 8 previous meetings, FC Barcelona have won 4 matches while PSG won 2. 2 matches between them have ended in a draw.
- FC Barcelona is in very good home form while PSG are performing very good at away.
- Previous matches between FC Barcelona and PSG have averaged 4 goals while BTTS has happened 75% of the time.
- So far this season in the UEFA Champions League, FC Barcelona have averaged 2 Points Per Game at home matches and PSG 2 Points Per Game at away matches.
Stats source: footystats.org
Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL starting XI prediction
Probable Barcelona Starting XI: Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Oscar Mingueza, Frenkie de Jong, Clement Lenglet, Jordi Alba, Miralem Pjanic, Sergio Busquets, Pedri, Ousmane Dembele, Lionel Messi, Antoine Griezmann.
Probable Paris Saint-Germain Starting XI: Keylor Navas, Alessandro Florenzi, Marquinhos, Presnel Kimbembe, Layvin Kurzawa, Moise Kean, Marco Verratti, Kylian Mbappe, Mauro Icardi.