Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Chelsea have their eye on the top three of the English Premier League when they head north to face Leeds on Saturday.
The pair meet for the lunchtime kick off at Elland Road with Thomas Tuchel’s visitors fourth in the EPL table and within striking distance of Leicester in third.
Going unbeaten since the German’s appointment as coach hasn’t done any harm, with the likes of West Ham, Everton, Tottenham, and free falling reigning champions Liverpool, left trailing in the Champions League qualification race.
Both red and blue halves of Merseyside have had a taste of the new-and-improved Londoners, as they recorded back-to-back victories.
Everton were brushed aside 2-0 at Stamford Bridge on Monday, after Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool were squeezed out at Anfield four days earlier.
Tammy Abraham is the only injury concern, although Tuchel may be forgiven for casting half an eye towards next week’s Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid as he manages his resources.
Thiago Silva is edging closer to a return in defence, while Kai Havertz is finally showing signs of starting to justify his hefty summer transfer price tag.
Leeds have slipped out of the top half of the EPL after losing four of their last five, with a 3-0 suffocation of struggling Southampton in the middle.
Since then Marcelo Bielsa’s side have lost at home to Aston Villa and away to West Ham, leaving them 11th in the standings coming into the weekend’s round of fixtures.
Kalvin Phillips looks to have made a successful return from injury, while Rodrigo, Gaetano Berardi and Ivan Poveda all look to be shaping up well enough.
Bielsa has doubts over the participation of Robin Koch, Jamie Schalketon, Pablo Hernandez and Pascal Struijk, though.
Leeds vs Chelsea: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Leeds United has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Leeds United has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Leeds United recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Leeds United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/27 games for Leeds United this season.
- Leeds United will need to improve their attack if they’re to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 5 times and overall this season they have scored 1.59 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Chelsea has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chelsea has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Momentum is really building for Chelsea as they have now gone 9 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Chelsea has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 14 occasions.
- Chelsea is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Leeds United, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 6 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/28 games for Chelsea this season.
Leeds vs Chelsea: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Leeds vs Chelsea: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Leeds Starting XI: Illan Meslier, Luke Ayling, Diego Llorente, Liam Cooper, Ezgjan Alioski, Raphinha, Kalvin Phillips, Stuart Dallas, Jack Harrison, Rodrigo, Patrick Bamford.
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, N’Golo Kante, Mateo Kovacic, Ben Chilwell, Mason Mount, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz.