The Sims 4 March 2021 is a biggie. Bunk beds will finally come to the game (almost seven years after it was first released, but better late than never, right?), but there will also be trait improvements, which means that there is a chance that any custom traits you have in your game might not play nicely after the update.
In case you have not seen the official patch notes for The Sims 4 March 2021 update, the bunk beds are modular, there are several bug fixes as well as changes to traits.
We will do our best to ensure that the list below is updated as often as possible. However, you should always back up your saves and your game files before updating your game.
Also, make sure you check the platforms of the creators you downloaded your CC or mods to see if they have released any updates for their content. You might also want to consider using TwistedMexi’s Better Exceptions mod, which will run a scan on your mods and CC folder to check for any potential errors or conflicts.
Sims 4 Broken mods, CC and other issues
We’ll update details of broken custom content, mods and those which have been updated or reported as fine below. Please note that while we always try to update frequently, time zones can make this endeavour challenging. There is also a useful thread on the official Sims forums, updated by the indomitable luthienrising. That post only deals with SWF mods and CC, however. Last updated at 8:29 SAST on 24 March. No further updates will be made to this post.
Known issues after The Sims 4 bunk beds update
The most widely reported issue after the March update is that CC chairs are not working as expected. Sims can sit on them when they are not slotted next to a table, but they lose their functionality when they are slotted into a dining table. There is a way to fix the broken CC chairs which you can find here, but you’ll need to be comfortable doing a very basic bit of CC cloning.
Mods that are reported as fine or updated
- MC Command Centre (cleared by deaderpool)
- More CAS Columns by Weerbesu
- Basemental (Creator reported it as fine)
- Better BuildBuy by TwistedMexi (Updated)
- T.O.O.L by TwistedMexi (Updated)
- Color Sliders for Hair and Clothes by thepancake1 and MizoreYukii (Updated)
- More Traits in CAS by thepancake1 and MizoreYukii (Updated)
- Bust the Dust Tweaks by simmytime
- Minimalist CC Icon Replacement Mod (rheallsim reported the mod fine)
- Zodiac Traits (Radiophobe reported it as fine)
- Wonderful Whims by TURBODRIVER
- All mods by Scumbumbo update team: Don’t Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop, Faster Gardening Mod, Keep Books After Publishing, Paint from Reference Anywhere, Set Filters on Paintings by Reference, Smarter Autonomous Meal Sizes, Darker Progress Circle, No More Creepy Playdate Calls, Smarter Baby Care, Molding Clay Builds Creativity, Bugfixes – It’s a Crying Shame, Violin and Guitar Bugfixes, Always Keep a Doctor at the Hospital, Tuning Error Notifier.
gettps reported the follow mods as fine
- Longer Starlight Accolades Events!
- Mt. Komorebi Power Fix!
- Better ECO Water!
- Better ECO Power!
- No Robot Upgrade Parts on Chemistry Lab
- Acting Career Gig Booster
- Scientist Career – Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix
- Gardening for All Seasons has been updated
Mods by LittleMSSam that are fine or updated
- Higher/Longer Payments for Apps, Games & more
- Cooler are cooling
- Woodworking Table Rework + No Autonomous
- More Buyable Venues and new Venue Types
- Sell more self made Woodwork at the Flea Market
- Pregnancy Overhaul
- Personal Objects (Computer, Tablets & more)
- Healthy Drinks
- Retail Overhaul (Hire certain Employees/Better Shopping as a Customer & more)
- Random Bug Fixes (Elevator Fix, Buff Trait Fix, Murphy Beds Fix)
Mods you no longer need
- Transform Some Grass Daily Task (gettps)
- Cats Can Now Age Up! (letitgo1776)
- Stop Mopping in the Rain (BraveSim)
- No More Celebrities Reacting In Disgust (slightlyfoolish)
TwistedMexi: Better BuildBuy and Expandable BuildBuy are confirmed broken on the current patches. You’ll notice that you’re not able to grab objects from the catalogue. New properties were added to the CatalogProduct that I’ll need to add in to fix it. Will hopefully have a fix later today. More CAS Columns by Weerbesu Gardening for All Seasons (gettps)
Better safe than sorry
Having used the Better Exceptions mod by Twisted Mexi to scan our folder, the only possible conflict that was flagged was the Milkable Dairy Cow Mod.