Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Jose Mourinho is eyeing his latest dose of revenge as his former club Manchester United visit the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the English Premier League on Sunday.
The Spurs coach can all but end his ex-club’s faint EPL title dream if he can engineer victory in north London, boosting his own side’s top six hopes in the process.
United have won three on the bounce as they cling on to the coattails of neighbours Manchester City by their fingertips.
They pinched a derby victory at the Etihad Stadium before going into the international break with an Old Trafford success over high-flying West Ham.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men edged out Brighton last weekend, too, leaving them 14 points adrift of top spot albeit with a game in hand as the clock ticks down.
Eric Bailly misses out this weekend after testing positive for Covid-19, joining long-term defensive casualty Phil Jones on the sidelines.
Anthony Martial also remains in the treatment room, with Solskjaer likely to select an unchanged starting side in the capital.
Spurs have lost once in their last six and lie sixth in the Premier League table, within striking distance of London rivals Chelsea and West Ham above them.
Last weekend’s 2-2 draw away to relegation-threatened Newcastle pegged them back, though, leaving them level on points with seventh-placed Liverpool.
Son Heung-min looks set to return to the starting side, renewing his deadly partnership with Harry Kane.
Mourinho is without full backs Matt Doherty and Ben Davies, while Toby Alderweireld and Serge Aurier had Covid-19 test mix-ups on their return from international duty.
Tottenham vs Manchester United: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Tottenham Hotspur has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Tottenham Hotspur has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Tottenham Hotspur is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Manchester United’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop Tottenham Hotspur from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- Tottenham Hotspur has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Tottenham Hotspur ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Tottenham Hotspur will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Manchester United, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for Tottenham Hotspur, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (50% of all matches) involving Tottenham Hotspur has seen BTTS landing.
- It’s likely that Tottenham Hotspur will score today, as they have netted in the last 7 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Manchester United has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Manchester United away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 15 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Manchester United as they have now gone 10 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Manchester United has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 12 occasions.
- Manchester United is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Tottenham Hotspur, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 5 goals in those 5 games.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Manchester United recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Manchester United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 17/30 games for Manchester United this season.
Stats source: footystats.org
Tottenham vs Manchester United: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Tottenham vs Manchester United: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Tottenham Starting XI: Hugo Lloris, Japhet Tanganga, Davinson Sanchez, Joe Rodon, Sergio Reguilon, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Tanguy Ndombele, Lucas Moura, Giovani Lo Celso, Son Heung-min, Harry Kane.
Probable Manchester United Starting XI: Dean Henderson, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Paul Pogba, Fred, Mason Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Edinson Cavani.
You can find all the English Premier League predictions, fixtures and results for 9-12 April here.