Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Chelsea can make vital strides in the English Premier League’s top four race on Tuesday night when they tackle Brighton at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues can put a dent in the hopes of fellow high-fliers Leicester, West Ham and Liverpool around them if they can snaffle three points as they kick off the midweek fixtures.
Whether that would ultimately result in Uefa Champions League qualification at the end of the season or not, however, suddenly became a moot point with the shock Sunday night announcement of a breakaway, European Super League.
With the plans met with near-universal derision by supporters’ groups and football authorities, coach Thomas Tuchel has a job on his hands to retain the goodwill his bright start in charge has nurtured.
His side bounced back from a stunning home defeat at the hands of lowly West Brom by thumping Crystal Palace in a London derby at Selhurst Park last weekend.
It left them a point behind fellow capital city rivals West Ham in the EPL table, as the season builds towards its climax.
Mateo Kovacic and Andreas Christensen are both doubtful for Tuesday’s game thanks to injury niggles, while Tuchel may opt to rest veteran Thiago with half an eye on Saturday’s crunch clash with the Hammers.
Brighton are by no means sure of survival at the wrong end of the Premier League table.
The Seagulls have continued to give a decent account of themselves in recent weeks, going down by the odd goal at Manchester United before holding Everton to a draw at the Amex Stadium.
It seems a shade unfair that, given back-to-back wins before that, Graham Potter’s side remain just six points clear of the relegation zone.
But that’s top flight life and Potter will also have to make do without injured pair Solly March and Tariq Lamptey in the capital.
Percy Tau, Aaron Connolly and Florin Andone also face a race against time to be fit as the EPL tension continues to rise.
Chelsea vs Brighton: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Chelsea has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chelsea has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 6 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 15 occasions.
- Chelsea will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Brighton & Hove Albion, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/31 games for Chelsea this season.
- Coming into this game, Brighton & Hove Albion has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Brighton & Hove Albion has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- In the last 5 matches for Brighton & Hove Albion, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 17 matches (55% of all matches) involving Brighton & Hove Albion has seen BTTS landing
Stats source: Footystats.com
Chelsea vs Brighton: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Chelsea vs Brighton: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Marcos Alonso, Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, Kai Havertz.
Probable Brighton Starting XI: Robert Sanchez, Ben White, Lewis Dunk, Joel Veltman, Pascal Gross, Adam Lallana, Yves Bissouma, Jakub Moder, Leandro Trossard, Danny Welbeck, Neal Maupay.