Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Chelsea and Arsenal clash for a London derby with more than pride at stake in the English Premier League on Wednesday night.
The capital city pair meet at Stamford Bridge with the Blues locked in combat in the Uefa Champions League qualification places, while their visitors are striving to cobble together a positive end to an otherwise dispiriting campaign.
Thomas Tuchel’s impressive start to life in England has taken the side he inherited from club legend Frank Lampard to both the Champions League and FA Cup finals.
With two pieces of silverware in the offing, his charges are odds on to pip Leicester to a third place finish in the EPL, behind only Manchester City and Manchester United in the standings.
They’ve scooped up 13 points from a possible 15 since their scarcely believable 5-2 home defeat at the hands of since-relegated West Brom.
And they even managed to delay Pep Guardiola’s title coronation with City, pinching a 2-1 victory at the Etihad Stadium last weekend.
Much like the rest of his top six rivals, Tuchel looks set to juggle his playing resources ahead of the grand finale.
Jorginho, Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell could all come into contention, with the coach keeping one eye on Saturday’s Wembley date with Leicester.
Thiago Silva may have to bide his time on the bench, while Andreas Christensen and Mateo Kovacic are both ruled out by injury.
Arsenal are in serious danger of finishing with a glimmer of optimism, at least in terms of points on the board.
Mikel Arteta’s men have won their last two, away to Newcastle and at home to a West Brom side they condemned to return to the Championship on Sunday by virtue of a 3-1 victory at the Emirates.
It leaves the Gunners ninth in the Premier League table with three matches left to play, albeit 11 points adrift of Leicester in fourth.
They do at least look capable of sealing a top half finish ahead of the likes of Leeds and Aston Villa, which was by no means looking likely a few weeks ago.
A bundle of players also look set to return for Arteta, with Kieran Tierney, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Martin Odegaard and Thomas Partey all in line for recalls at the Bridge.
Alexandre Lacazette may be beaten by Father Time on his comeback from injury, with David Luiz, Granit Xhaka and Pablo Mari all ruled out.
Chelsea vs Arsenal: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Chelsea has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chelsea has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Momentum is really building for Chelsea as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Chelsea has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 6 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 18 occasions.
- Chelsea will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Arsenal, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/34 games for Chelsea this season.
- Coming into this game, Arsenal has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Arsenal has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Arsenal away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for Arsenal when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Chelsea stop this run?
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Arsenal recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Arsenal has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 15/34 games for Arsenal this season.
Chelsea vs Arsenal: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Chelsea vs Arsenal: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Antonio Rudiger, Reece James, Jorginho, Billy Gilmour, Marcos Alonso, Mason Mount, Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz.
Probable Arsenal Starting XI: Bernd Leno, Calum Chambers, Rob Holding, Gabriel Magalhaes, Kieran Tierney, Mohamed Elneny, Thomas Partey, Bukayo Saka, Martin Odegaard, Emile Smith Rowe, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.