Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
To suggest Chelsea would be hosting Aston Villa on Monday looking up at their hosts in the English Premier League table would have been a joke worthy of the cheapest Christmas cracker.
But that?s exactly where the Blues are, having slumped to seventh in the standings after allowing London rivals Arsenal to halt their own rotten run of form at the Emirates on Boxing Day.
The 3-1 defeat was the third in four league matches for Frank Lampard?s side, whose bid to overtake Liverpool at the top has long-since faded.
Hakim Ziyech is the only definite absentee but Lampard will likely make changes to his misfiring side, not least given the short turnaround in the festive programme.
Don?t expect to see much of non-scoring forward Timo Werner, who was hauled off at half time in north London, while veteran Olivier Giroud could get the nod up front.
Villa are flying in their second season back in the top flight, with Boxing Day?s 3-0 stuffing of Crystal Palace making it three wins in their last four.
Dean Smith?s men, who even have games in hand on those around them, have put themselves in European contention for the first time since the glory days of Martin O?Neill.
Ross Barkley is barred from lining up against his parent club, with Tyrone Mings suspended following his red card against the Eagles.
Trezeguet is the only other confirmed injury problem for Smith, who needs to decide whether to freshen things up for a tantalising fixture.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa: By the numbers
- Chelsea have taken six points from their last five EPL fixtures. They?ve scored eight times in those matches.
- The Blues are unbeaten at home in their last six matches.
- The last three EPL fixtures involving Chelsea have seen three or more goals.
- In the last five matches for Chelsea, three of those games ended with both teams scoring.
- Aston Villa have taken ten points from their last five EPL fixtures (both home and away) and are unbeaten in their last four outings.
- Scoring away from home isn?t a problem for Villa. They?ve scored in their last six away fixtures.
- Aston Villa have kept four clean sheets in the last five games, conceding two goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on eight occasions.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team?s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Ben Chilwell, N?Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mason Mount, Kai Havertz, Olivier Giroud, Callum Hudson-Odoi.
Probable Aston Villa Starting XI: Emiliano Martinez, Matthew Cash, Kortney Hause, Ezri Konsa, Matt Targett, Douglas Luiz, John McGinn, Bertrand Traore, Jack Grealish, Anwar El Ghazi, Ollie Watkins.