Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Chelsea and Everton are forced to let the English Premier League tension build ahead of their top four battle on Monday night at Stamford Bridge.
The impressive pair are in fine form and locked in combat for fourth place in the EPL coming into the weekend, with fading, third-placed Leicester in striking distance just above.
Thomas Tuchel is unbeaten since replacing beleaguered club legend Frank Lampard as coach, in a run already stretching to eight games.
His stock continued to rise when his side gained the upper hand on fellow German Jurgen Klopp’s ailing Liverpool on Thurday night.
A one-goal win at Anfield propelled the Londoners to four points above the outgoing champions, with West Ham – who host Leeds on Monday evening – also in the mix.
Timo Werner has impressed in recent weeks and will expect to lead the line, leaving fellow pre-season recruit Kai Havertz in the shade.
Christian Pulisic is also having to bide his time to make an impression on his new boss, while Tammy Abraham and Thiago Silva are both doubtful for the Monday night action.
Carlo Ancelotti returns to his former club having steered Everton to three wins on the bounce.
Sorry West Brom were edged out at the Hawthorns on Thursday night, as were Southampton at Goodison Park last weekend.
The run began in much more eye-catching style with a first victory in yonks at, you guessed it, neighbours Liverpool.
A precious game in hand also belongs to the Toffees, with the fixtures remaining hurtling towards single figures as spring arrives.
James Rodriguez is an injury concern for Ancelotti, with the mercurial star in a race against time to be fit, as are Seamus Coleman, Tom Davies and Robin Olsen.
Yerry Mina, Fabian Delph and Jean-Philippe Gbamin are all ruled out by injury.
Chelsea vs Everton: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Chelsea has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chelsea has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Momentum is really building for Chelsea as they have now gone 7 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Chelsea has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 12 occasions.
- Chelsea is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Everton, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 6 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/26 games for Chelsea this season.
- Coming into this game, Everton has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Everton has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Everton away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 8 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for Everton when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 9 games they have played on the road. Can Chelsea stop this run?
- Everton has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Everton has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/25 games for Everton this season.
Chelsea vs Everton: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Chelsea vs Everton: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, N’Golo Kante, Mateo Kovacic, Marcos Alonso, Mason Mount, Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner.
Probable Everton Starting XI: Jordan Pickford, Mason Holgate, Ben Godfrey, Michael Keane, Lucas Digne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Allan, Andre Gomes, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison.