Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Chelsea resume their English Premier League top four push on Saturday when they host West Brom in the lunchtime kick off at Stamford Bridge.
Thomas Tuchel has yet to taste defeat in ten EPL matches as coach of the Blues since replacing club legend Frank Lampard.
Six wins and four draws in that time have propelled the west London club to fourth in the Premier League table, with Leicester the next target in third, five points up the road.
Tuchel’s side couldn’t muster a goal at Elland Road before the international break, held to a stalemate by Marcelo Bielsa’s stubborn Leeds.
A host of injury check ups will be needed before the return of domestic action.
Thiago Silva and Tammy Abraham have spent the last fortnight recuperating from injury and could feature this weekend.
N’Golo Kante came home from international duty with France early and will need to be assessed, while Jorginho and Callum Hudson-Odoi are also doubtful.
West Brom are heading for relegation to the Championship with no discernable upturn in fortunes since the installment of veteran drop-dodger Sam Allardyce as coach.
The Baggies have won just once in their last 11 fixtures and only three times all season, leaving them 19th in the EPL standings and ten points adrift of Newcastle, who sit just above the dreaded dotted line.
Crystal Palace edged out the Black Country side at Selhurst Park two weeks ago, with only rock bottom Sheffield United left below them in the pile.
Major League Soccer-bound Kieran Gibbs is an injury doubt for the visitors in the capital.
On-loan Conor Gallagher, meanwhile, is barred from lining up against his parent club, while veteran defender Branislav Ivanovic is unlikely to feature against his former employers.
Chelsea vs West Brom: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Chelsea has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Chelsea at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Chelsea as they have now gone 10 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Chelsea has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 15 occasions.
- Chelsea is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against West Bromwich Albion, having won 2 and drawn 3. They have scored 4 goals in those 5 games.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Chelsea recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/29 games for Chelsea this season.
- Coming into this game, West Bromwich Albion has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1 point per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. West Bromwich Albion has scored once in the last 5 fixtures.
- West Bromwich Albion has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 5 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for West Bromwich Albion recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- West Bromwich Albion has fired blanks in 15 games this season. That’s 52% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 1 goal.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for West Bromwich Albion has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/29 games for West Bromwich Albion this season.
- West Bromwich Albion will need to improve their attack if they’re to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 3 matches. During the last five games, they have scored once and overall this season they have scored 0.69 goals per game.
Stats source: footystats.org
Chelsea vs West Brom: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team?s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Chelsea vs West Brom: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Marcos Alonso, Mason Mount, Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz.
Probable West Brom Starting XI: Sam Johnstone, Darnell Furlong, Semi Ajayi, Kyle Bartley, Conor Townsend, Robert Snodgrass, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Okay Yokuslu, Matheus Pereira, Matt Phillips, Mbaye Diagne.