Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Liverpool are out to maintain their reignited top four push in the English Premier League when they host Aston Villa at Anfield on Saturday.
The Reds have just about put the rotten run of form that has seen them tumble out of the Champions League qualification places behind them, thanks to back-to-back wins.
It won’t get them anywhere near defending their EPL title, not least with Manchester City running away as leaders, but it has restored some dignity at least on Merseyside.
A 1-0 victory at Wolves and a 3-0 stuffing of Arsenal bookended the international break for Jurgen Klopp’s side, who come into the weekend seventh in the table and level on points with Tottenham in sixth.
It leaves them looking up at Chelsea and West Ham in the top four battle as time begins to run out.
Klopp will be tempted to ring the changes after his side faded to Champions League defeat away to Real Madrid in midweek.
Roberto Firmino, Xherdan Shaqiri, James Milner, Curtis Jones and deadline day wildcard signing Ben Davies all have a chance of featuring for the Reds.
Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip, Joe Gomez and captain Jordan Henderson are the well-documented injury absentees for the home side.
Aston Villa have enjoyed a bright campaign under coach Dean Smith and sit ninth in the standings.
The Villans had been enduring a rough patch of form but perked up following the international break by seeing off relegation candidates Fulham at Villa Park last weekend.
Star man Jack Grealish is a doubt for the Anfield trip, giving Smith and his coaching team a headache.
Kortney Hause is also a cause for concern, with former Everton midfielder Ross Barkley pushing for a start in midfield.
Liverpool vs Aston Villa: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Liverpool has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Liverpool has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Liverpool has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Liverpool has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 9 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Liverpool recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Liverpool has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 15/30 games for Liverpool this season.
- Coming into this game, Aston Villa has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s just one point per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Aston Villa has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Aston Villa recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Aston Villa has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/29 games for Aston Villa this season.
Stats source: footystats.org
Liverpool vs Aston Villa: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team?s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Liverpool vs Aston Villa: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Liverpool Starting XI: Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Davies, Ozan Kabak, Andy Robertson, Thiago, James Milner, Curtis Jones, Xherdan Shaqiri, Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota.
Probable Aston Villa Starting XI: Emiliano Martinez, Matthew Cash, Ezri Konsa, Tyrone Mings, Matt Targett, Douglas Luiz, Morgan Sanson, Bertrand Traore, John McGinn, Trezeguet, Ollie Watkins.
You can find all the?English Premier League predictions, fixtures and results for 9-12 April?here.