Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Manchester City and Manchester United go head-to-head in the English Premier League on Sunday.
It’s a derby duel that likely represents one final, desperate swing for the visitors at reigning in Pep Guardiola’s runaway side at the top of the EPL table.
United are 14 points behind their noisy neighbours and have all-but given up the ghost in the title race after drawing four of their last five league games.
Back-to-back goalless draws at Chelsea and Crystal Palace haven’t helped either, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side now locked in combat with Leicester, West Ham, Chelsea, Liverpool and the rest for top four positions.
The Red Devils have missed the impetus of Paul Pogba in midfield in recent weeks, with the French World Cup winner still sidelined by injury.
Juan Mata and Phil Jones will also miss out, with Anthony Martial doubtful which could see Edinson Cavani lead the line at the Etihad.
Dean Henderson deputised for David de Gea in goal and kept a clean sheet at Palace, with the Englishman set to continue with the number one left out for personal reasons.
City have won a record-busting 15 Premier League games in a row and are blazing a trail towards taking the EPL crown back from Liverpool.
Wolves were the latest victims on Tuesday, thumped 4-1 under the Etihad lights as the Sky Blues extended their imposing advantage at the summit.
It now seems a case of when, not it, they will get over the line, putting their derby foes and the rest firmly in the shade.
Oleksandr Zinchenko is pushing Kyle Walker for a start at full back, with John Stones also expected to come back into the line up.
It looks to be a battle between Riyad Mahrez and Bernardo Silva for a start further up, too, with Guardiola boasting a wealth of riches at his disposal.
Manchester City vs Manchester United: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Manchester City has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Manchester City has scored 13 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Manchester City is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 8 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Manchester City at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 13 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Manchester City will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Manchester City has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 14 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- Momentum is really building for Manchester City as they have now gone 19 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Manchester City is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Manchester United, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 13 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Manchester City, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (41% of all matches) involving Manchester City has seen BTTS landing.
- It’s likely that Manchester City will score today, as they have netted in the last 16 games coming into this one and have scored 13 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Manchester United has scored 16 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Manchester United away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 13 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Manchester United as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Manchester United is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Manchester City, having won 2 and drawn 3. They have scored 16 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Manchester United, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 16 matches (62% of all matches) involving Manchester United has seen BTTS landing.
Manchester City vs Manchester United: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team?s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Manchester City vs Manchester United: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Manchester City Starting XI: Ederson, Kyle Walker, John Stones, Ruben Dias, Joao Cancelo, Kevin de Bruyne, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden.
Probable Manchester United Starting XI: Dean Henderson, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Scott McTominay, Fred, Daniel James, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Edinson Cavani.