The Sims 4 will release its 11th expansion pack, Cottage Living, in July 2021. And while the update preceding that release is likely to be far more substantial than this one, that does not mean we’re not keeping an eye on it.
It is not the biggest update (compared to what we have seen recently that is), totalling just over 500MB with all packs installed.
Later on Tuesday, there will also be an Inside Maxis Live Stream (which we’re not covering this time because we are those people having a match day with the Euros on the go). Players will also get their first taste of the newly introduced Sims Sessions – a live in game music festival set to take place in Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek on every Sunday (in your game, that is).
Well, we say live. It’s kind of just an extension of the existing festivals from City Living and Snowy Escape. In game live, sure. But if you were hoping for something resembling an interactive sort of multi-player adventure, this is not it.
As always, it’s worth noting that while this update is by no means massive, you should still take care and back up your files before patching the latest Sims 4 update. ?TwistedMexi’s Better Exceptions mod?can be a lifesaver if you?re not that keen on waiting too long before heading back into your game.
As always, we take the patch notes verbatim from the official announcement on The Sims forums and we edit only for style and brevity where required.
Sims 4 latest update: Official patch notes for 29 June 2021
Happy Summer everyone! We hope you are well wherever you are in the World. We have a Game Update that we hope you enjoy and some bug fixes.
Thanks again for your continued support and feedback! Stay cool and hydrated and if you are not in a warm season, stay warm and cosy.
What’s new with The Sims 4 June 2021 update?
Continuing our Summer of Sims, nothing says Summer like a music festival, doesn?t it? Now you can experience them in The Sims! We welcome you to Sims Sessions with this update, a music festival where some of your favourite artists come together to entertain and to delight us with some of their most iconic songs. And we sure have a fantastic line up for all of you!
Headlining the event, we have the award-winning and critically acclaimed, two-time Grammy nominee, Bebe Rexha! She will be performing a magical, acoustic rendition of her song Sabotage.
Also performing we have Glass Animals, with their alternative, experimental sound that has captivated audiences across the globe. They will perform their top of the charts single Heat Waves.
Last, but by no means least, is the soulful sound of Joy Oladokun! Recently deemed ?2021 Artist to watch? by Amazon Music and NPR, Joy Oladokun’s words will stir all emotions and take you on a musical journey with the song breathe again.
Now that we have told you about our line up, you must definitely NOT miss this event, I mean? Why would you? So let me tell you how to get there?
Sims Sessions will be hosted in Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek on every Sunday (that is In Game Sunday), starting 29 June 2021 at 10:00 PT to 7 July 2021 at 22:00 PT. Once Simmers load their game today (after updating the game of course) your Sims will get a message telling them about Sims Sessions (this will happen on in game Sunday in a new Save, but if you are not in a new save you will need to wait for it to be Sunday in your game after the Game Update), they will also receive a ticket in their inventory that they can view for more information, and they will be able to travel to the location of the festival.
However, if your Sim is curious and absolutely cannot wait for the message, Sims can see the Sims Sessions pop up in the game in Willow Creek’s neighbourhood map.
The festival venue will have vendors from which your Sims can buy merch and spots to relax and unwind while listening to amazing music.
We hope you enjoy this event! If you want to know more about Sims Sessions, you can visit the Sims Sessions website.
And with that we move on to the bug fixes?
Bug Fixes in the latest Sims 4 update for June 2021
Sims 4 base game)
- Our master gardeners treated a few of our plants so they no longer reset to a previous growth stage randomly. If only life worked that way?
- We fixed an issue where selected Create a Sim outfit parts on Sims were not showing up appropriately highlighted on the right side menu.
- Teens generated with the Play with Genetics options in Create a Sim will no longer have Crow’s feet.
- We have fixed an issue where Sims could not use stairs when Simmers deleted the floor of a fence block that was built around the stairs in the upper landing. It sounds like a mouthful, doesn?t it?
- Some of our new hair colours (Neutral Black, Warm Brown, Neutral Blonde, and Light Blonde specially) were creating some issues in some Create a Sim hairstyles when applied, making Sims? teeth disappear (?????) or turn grey in some cases.
- Your Sims just LOVED their new hair colours, but noticed it also changed their eyelids and eyebrows instantly? I mean instant eyeliner is something I truly desire but we know that we needed to fix this one everyone, so indeed your Sims can no longer get automatic eyeliner and eyebrow colours from choosing a hair colour.
- Fixed an issue where when Sims learned about the Likes and Dislikes of other Sims their Sim Profile became blank. I mean, unless they like or dislike nothing, that is? troubling.
Invited NPC will now leave? eventually. You know that saying that some visitors start smelling like rotten fish after a certain amount of time? We had to tell the NPCs that well, they were a problem so now they should be leaving appropriately.
I see a little silhouetto of a Sim, Skiing next to me – Omg, Omg, this is not a ghost tho? All the snow activities were really frightening me! All fixed now? Fixed now? MAGNIFICO OOOO.
If you had noticed invisible Sims doing snow activities in your game because they switched boots on the slopes? worry not, it should be fixed.
Bust the Dust
Sims with the Slob Trait can now complete the Fabulously Filthy Aspiration goal of Letting at least one floor level of your home become dirty! #goals?