The Sims 4 base game is getting an update alongside the so-called refresh for the Spa Day Game Pack. Nails – for both fingers and toes – will be included as part of the free update for the base game, with some styles exclusively reserved for Spa Day.
Because of the changes, there might be some issues for players who use mods and custom content and, as always, it is advisable that make a back up of your files before updating and running your game again. You will also have to turn mods and custom content back on after the update and we have a quick tutorial of how to do all of the above before updating The Sims 4 over here.
A Laundry List was released at the 11th hour ahead of the Sims 4 Spa Day refresh, but it was not clear whether there will be many bug fixes with this patch, or if this is more geared towards The Sims 4 Spa Day refresh, with a second update possibly following later in the month.
The patch was relatively small in size, totalling just over 540MB with all DLC installed. A few minor bug fixes were noted (including some that were raised in the Laundry List), but it certainly appears as if the bulk of the changes relate to the overhaul for The Sims 4 overhaul of Spa Day Game Pack.
Sims 4 new update: Official patch notes for 7 September 2021
As always, we take the patch notes verbatim from the official announcement on The Sims forums, and we edit only for style and brevity where required. Patch notes now available below.
We hope you are well wherever you are in the World.
Today, we have a special kind of update! As you now know, this is our first update that fully focuses on a previously released pack, giving it new life if you will. Today is the day for self-care for and with The Sims? 4 Spa Day!
Spa Day is all about relaxation and getting some well-deserved personal Sim time and wellness. With this update, we are adding some features that will help enhance this wellness experience that we hope you enjoy.
Along with these enhancements, we were also able to fix a few issues that were live and needed some care.
Thanks again for your continued support and feedback!
Sims 4: Spa Day Refresh – the update notes
Everyone deserves more time to refresh and more ways to renew! In this update, we added the following:
Three new Aspirations and a new Trait
The path to wellness is long but well worth it! Sims can now opt for three aspirational paths to achieve their own Zen:
- Self-Care Specialists – For those Sims who would like to monetize their love of fitness and wellness.
- Inner Peace – For the Sims that want to achieve ultimate harmony and learning tools to mitigate their negative emotions.
- Zen Guru – For the Sims that want to share the power of wellness with the world?the whole world, for real. They also focus on seeking to train their successor to pass the knowledge along.
In addition to these new Aspirations, we added a new trait for those Sims that require a bit of extra work to keep their needs? properly aligned. High Maintenance will allow your Sims to experience mindful tasks that can help their sense of wellbeing. No trouble is trivial, no need is too much.
You can find these new Aspirations and the new Trait in Create A Sim. And don’t forget the Spa Membership included with these Aspirations – it’s a steal!
Manicures and Pedicures
Some people like having a massage to decompress – a valid option? pretty sure I need one – but my favourite thing is manicures and pedicures! Hear me out! There is something so relaxing about choosing your design, colour, shape, and having someone prettify (yes, it is a word? to me) your nails with the utmost care. Now your Sims can get these nail enhancements or graciously give them to other Sims. You can choose a design, a shape, and voil?! Your Sims? nails will be as fabulous as they feel!
And if you don’t want to get your nails done by a professional- tight budget, totally get it – Sims will have access to the same options in Create A Sim that you can instantly apply to your Sims nails – it’s like insta nails!! You can pick from a variety of swatches with colour combinations, designs, or just a solid colour for each fingernail. You can also choose a variety of one solid colour choices for your Toenails. You can find them in the Accessories category in Create A Sim, where you will see a Fingernails and Toenails sort with the options.
We want to highlight that in this upgrade to Spa Day we have a design from the wonderful Ebonix that is featured in Create A Sim! Ebonix is a super talented Sims Creator, and we are happy we can feature one of her designs and share it with everyone.
About Yoga and Meditation changes in The Sims 4 Spa Day refresh
Yoga Classes can now take place outside of Spas and Gyms! You can hire a yoga instructor or teach your own class from the Instructor Yoga Mat. Speaking of teaching, Sims can also lead Guided Meditation sessions from Meditation Stools. Oh, and I don’t want to forget to mention that Children are able to practice and teach both Yoga and Meditation as well!
New Objects, Facial Masks? Oh my!
As part of this update, we also added a few new objects and swatches in Build Mode, these include a new luxurious massage table and a massage chair that can also be used for manicures and pedicures for a full relaxation experience. And as an added bonus, there is a new portable massage chair and table, so your Sims can give massages, manicures, and pedicures on the go to earn some Simoleons.
Besides these, we added as part of your Sims? self-care routine the ability to purchase and apply Facial Masks. They come in a variety of benefits and designs; for ease of access, we recommend having in your preferred lot the Doc Sweet’s Luke-Warm Mini Dispenser.
This mini version of the original refrigerator can hold your favourite beverages in a compact space, but as an added benefit, Sims can purchase Facial Masks from it. By the way, don’t forget to try the new Cucumber Power-Sip and cucumber slices for a tasty snack! Also available with this update.
Sims 4 Base Game Updates
For those who don’t own Spa Day, we wanted to give you a treat as well. For Base Game Simmers we added the nail options for fingernails and toenails in Create A Sim for you to enjoy. Same as mentioned previously, there will be choices under the Fingernails and Toenails sort in Create A Sim, there will be a variety of solid one-color nails and colour combination nails available for the Base Game itself.
We fixed an issue in which some of the controls when players are in the Game Options menus were a little off, it should work correctly now.
The Sims 4
- New games should no longer experience the automatic generation of empty households, and the ensuing save size increase and performance lag that this causes. The team is still investigating how to safely fix existing saves that have this issue.
- We fixed an issue that affected Custom Content Chairs that when slotted with certain objects it created Sims routing issues.
- Sometimes, in certain saves, Sims would lose their names when visiting some Lots – most notoriously the Goth’s Lot but it could happen anywhere. If a Sim has no name? does that Sim exist? I can assure you that the Goths were not involved, but this issue should no longer occur.
- Ever had the need to order food or drinks but you just couldn?t be bothered? Been there, however the issue of Sims and NPCs not being able to order food and drinks autonomously has been fixed. Order away!
- Have you noticed that your Sims had been doing Fitness things or Dancing if they Disliked those things? Strange no? It should no longer happen as long as they continue to Dislike them of course. As a note, unfortunately (for those affected), Sims are subject to choose music they Dislike still from any stereo so they can still torment other Sims (and Simmers) around them.
- We fixed an issue in which the Mega Window (Double Budget Grand Deluxe DeLite) in build Mode was missing a few swatches and displayed them as empty.
- Let’s talk about Unibrows! Are they in? Are they out? No matter, every brow is welcome! We have fixed an issue that didn?t make the thicker unibrow available for female frame Sims and that didn?t make the thinner unibrow available for male frame Sims. So all the unibrows for both frames!
- Did you ever notice an invisible slot under the All of the Things table? We sure did, and while I think that if it is called ?all of the things? it could have all the things, everywhere? I guess This was not acceptable so we fixed that.
Get to Work
The hairstyle yfHair_EP01TwistLow has been tagged correctly in the Updo Hairstyle category. Is it still an Updo even if the bun is low and not up high? These are the questions I ponder sometimes.
If you noticed the Community Voting Board missing from venues across packs in Build Mode, never fear. It has been found and should be safely back in Build Mode.
Dream Home Decorator
Ever had such good-looking d?cor that you can?t just sleep because you have to look at it? As much as we want your Sims to love their d?cor and their style, we thought it was a bit too much that they would not sleep and just look at it, so this should no longer happen.