While players eagerly await the fixes for The Sims 4: My Wedding Stories Game Pack, a new update for the base game has been released, adding more substance to the so-called ‘Neighbourhood Stories’. For the TL:DR – it is basically story progression for The Sims 4.
The cover image that was released with the official blog post explaining the Neighbourhood Stories System for The Sims 4 was even titled that. But that’s just us noticing nonsense details We digress.
As a result of the update, if you play with Sims 4 mods like MC Command Centre, you might want to delay the update until you know for sure the mod is compatible – or until deaderpool releases an update should it be required.
While it is generally advised you back up your mods, saves and custom content before any Sims 4 update, we cannot stress the importance enough ahead of a change like this one. Well, not if you value your saves anyway. If you don’t care for them, you do you, boo.
Despite changes to the game’s UI, though, in our very brief tests we did not see any obvious or substantial issues with some of our favourite mods like T.O.O.L, BetterBuildBuy or MC Command Centre. That said, the patch was fairly substantial – just under 500mb with all the packs installed. So do make a back up and don’t say we did not warn you.
Update: Like we said, we did warn you….some of the UI-based mods will make it impossible to use the new Configure Neighbourhood Stories button… so definitely remove those / check for updates /delay your official update if you do not want to play without these mods.
A bunch of new Scenarios were also added with the latest Sims 4 update, seven to be precise – included an update on the previously released Too Many Toddlers Scenario.
As always, we take the patch notes verbatim from the official announcement on The Sims forums, and we edit only for style and brevity where required. Patch notes now available below.
Sims 4 Latest Patch Notes: 15 March 2022 update
PC: 220.127.116.110 / Mac: 18.104.22.1680
Console: Version 1.55
Sul sul, Simmers!
We hope you are safe and sound wherever you are right now.
Today’s update includes a range of bug fixes, several new Scenarios, and the expansion of Neighbourhood Stories as a configurable system that applies to Neighbour Sims throughout your game!
As usual, thank you all for your continued support and feedback, and – most importantly – have fun!
What’s new with the latest Sims 4 update?
Play with Neighbourhood Stories!
Ever wonder why those Sims next door never move out? Or expand their family? ?Or die from causes other than old age?
Well, Neighbourhood Stories is the answer! Last November, we rolled out an update for everyone that added a set of life changes for Neighbour Sims who have a personal connection to your active household. With this release, Neighbourhood Stories expands to breathe more life into Sims around town without your Sims even having to know them. They?re your neighbours, or your Sims that live across town, or even across the world. The Sims that you don?t actively play now have story moments happen to them. This includes allowing neighbour Sims to die in accidents, have an adoption or baby, make changes in their career or move in and out of Lots.
But maybe you?re saying, ?I like the Pancakes the way they are! I don?t want them to move or have children! That?s not my story!? Don?t worry – Neighbourhood Stories can be enabled for all Sims in My Households or Other Households, or on an individual basis per Household. Not only that, but each type of story can also be turned on or off individually. So, you can turn off the Pancakes from moving out or having children, but Bob can still change his career or die in a fiery accident!
To change configurations, just select Manage Worlds in the Options menu, and then select Manage Households. From there, you can choose either My Households or Other Households, and then configure the Neighbourhood Stories by selecting the button at the top-right for all the Households in that tab. Or you can configure them separately per Household, using the Neighbourhood Stories button in each Household.
To see what changes have taken place each day, go to a Mailbox and select ?Check Recent Neighbourhood Stories?. A Notification will appear, letting you know what changes have happened. See what?s happening to the Sims around the world, no matter who they are!
New Scenarios Now Available Along with Existing Household Support in Select Scenarios!
Would you like to try out some brand new Scenarios? With today?s base game update you can!
We?ve added seven new Scenarios to The Sims 4. When you boot up the game today you?ll have access to:
- Too Many Toddlers: In this updated version of the previously limited time Scenario, aim to get the happy toddler reward trait for this gaggle of whiz kids in the making
- Troublemaker: The kid?s a menace! Choose the path of villainy or surprise them with a redemption arc!
- Rom-Com: Is this relationship a joke? Only you can write the punchline!
- Super Rich Supervillain: Making a fortune is great, but you know what?s even better? Stealing one.
- Extraterrestrial Researcher This Sim wants to? believe! Bring the truth from ?out there? to your own home.
- Unlucky Chef: Luck has nothing to do with how fire this chef is?
- No Skills, No Problem: Who said Sims need to be skilled to make it in life? Time to prove your street smarts!
In addition to these Scenarios we?ve updated the feature to add existing household support to select Scenarios. You?ll also notice several tweaks and improvements to various aspects of the feature.
Take these new Scenarios for a spin today!
Bug Fixes for The Sims 4 in the latest update
- We fixed an issue that caused Wedding Venues not to be available for Base Game Weddings.
- If a new Scenario is available, you will see a notification now after logging into the game.
- Opening and closing the Scenarios interface in Live Mode comes with a proper animation now.
- Simmers should no longer see the “Happily Ever After?” outcome for the Engaged in Conflict Scenario when both Sims have a good sentiment.
- The Conditions for the “Too Many To Handle” ending in the “Too Many Toddlers” Scenario only apply to toddlers now that were present when starting the Scenario.
- We fixed an issue for some languages that caused Scenario outcome texts not to fit in the text box.
- The Power Couple Scenario will conclude now when one of your Sims receives a promotion to CEO.
- The audio response when starting a Scenario in a New Save Game and cancelling a Scenario in live mode has been improved.
- The work task interface for your active career should no longer clash with the Scenario interface when joining a career and moving to the work place at the time of work.
- The yfHair_SP19CurlyLowPony hair style will be visible in Create a Sim catalog now when the Feminine Fashion Choice filter is selected.
- Fixed an issue with Scenarios where the requirement for Sims to be spouses displayed as completed although there was just one Sim in the household.
- The Scenario name also shows in the start Scenario interface now.
- When entering Create a Sim after starting a new Scenario, the household requirements will no longer be overlapped by the Create A Sim Catalog and all information on the panel will be easy to read.
- Calling off an Engagement will now count towards the Villainous Valentine Aspiration correctly.
- We also made a few updates to the friendly calls from other Sims that your Sims receive:
- Your Sims will no longer be called by a neighbour Sim and asked about becoming friends with another active household Sim your neighbour has never met before.
- It will also be much clearer for friendly relationship calls now, whether the Sims’ get-together is of a platonic or romantic nature.
- NPC Sims will also have sufficient confidence now and will no longer call your Sims asking for permission to be friends with their own spouse.
- Your Sims who are right on time to activity meetings no longer are chastised for being late.
- Uninvited Sims no longer walk into your Sims house to “catch up” after your Sim?s Fame increases.
- Some Simmers reported that Cows and Llamas were getting stuck in their inventory after the Finchwick fair had ended. We clarified how to return your animals to their sheds in the fair-end notification.
- Selecting “Teach/Lead” Yoga interactions now cancels “Practice Yoga” automatically.
- Performing the “Ask about career” interaction with the ‘Conspiracy Theorist’ Erwin Pries will no longer cause a Llama icon to show on the Sim’s career tab and on hovering on the Sim in the relationships tab, but it should display the correct icon now.
My Wedding Stories
- Ceremony interactions are now available when doing a Vow Renewal or Reception at another Sim?s home.
- Sims should now show up in their appropriate attire for Wedding Ceremonies
- Vow Renewal is now only available to Married Sims, and Wedding Ceremony is only available to Engaged Sims.
- Romantic Garden Stuff Pack
- Ghost Sims revive properly now when living Sims use the Wishing Wells “Wish for Life” interaction.
- Bust The Dust Kit
- Sims no longer get the “Rage Cleaning” angry moodlet when Bust the Dust is disabled.
- We also optimized vacuum cleaners so your Sims won’t need to fight dust everyday.