Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Liverpool go into the penultimate weekend of the English Premier League season with their top four dream still alive, as they go to relegated West Brom on Sunday.
The Reds were eyeing despair straight in the face as their EPL title defence fell apart following the turn of the year, despite having sat top of the table at one point.
A miserable run of form, not helped by a bundle of long-term injuries and the impeccable form of Manchester City, has seen Pep Guardiola’s side reclaim the crown.
But it’s not all doom and gloom on Merseyside, with Jurgen Klopp’s men showing enough resolve to bounce back from their lowest ebb and challenge for Uefa Champions League qualification.
Thursday night’s 4-2 win at Old Trafford against arch-rivals Manchester United left them four points shy of fourth-placed Chelsea.
Crucially, this is also a game in hand at the Hawthorns, with the Blues and Leicester above them on other business this weekend as they contest the FA Cup final at Wembley.
It’s a run of seven unbeaten in the Premier League for Klopp and Co, who have forced themselves back into pole position to pip the chasing pack of West Ham, Tottenham and neighbours Everton come the final reckoning.
Sadio Mane could well have earned himself a place back in the starting line up, with youngster Curtis Jones also pushing for a spot.
Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip are the usual suspects in the treatment room, for which James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Ozan Kabak and Naby Keita are among those also forming an orderly queue.
Any dead cat bounce from doomed West Brom would come as a surprise, with the home side having won just five games all season.
A first EPL relegation on the CV of veteran boss Sam Allardyce was confirmed with defeat away to Arsenal last Sunday.
But the Baggies never truly looked like surviving the drop back to the Championship after a miserable campaign in the Midlands.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles should slot back in after missing out against his parent club last weekend, while Dara O’Shea could also return.
Veteran Branislav Ivanovic and Robert Snodgrass are both still crocked.
West Brom vs Liverpool: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, West Bromwich Albion has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. West Bromwich Albion has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- West Bromwich Albion has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 6 games for West Bromwich Albion ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- West Bromwich Albion has fired blanks in 16 games this season. That’s 46% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 7 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for West Bromwich Albion, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 16 matches (46% of all matches) involving West Bromwich Albion has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Liverpool has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Liverpool has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Liverpool has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Scoring is not an issue for Liverpool when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 7 games they have played on the road. Can West Bromwich Albion stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Liverpool as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Liverpool ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Liverpool is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against West Bromwich Albion, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 9 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Liverpool, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 18 matches (53% of all matches) involving Liverpool has seen BTTS landing.
- It’s likely that Liverpool will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 9 goals in the last five games.
West Brom vs Liverpool: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
West Brom vs Liverpool: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable West Brom Starting XI: Sam Johnstone, Kyle Bartley, Semi Ajayi, Dara O’Shea, Darnell Furlong, Okay Yokuslu, Conor Townsend, Conor Gallagher, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Matheus Pereira, Mbaye Diagne.
Probable Liverpool Starting XI: Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Nathaniel Phillips, Rhys Williams, Andy Robertson, Thiago, Fabinho, Georginio Wijnaldum, Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane.
Get all the English Premier League predictions, fixtures and results for14-16 May 2021 here.