Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Arsenal go to Wolves on Tuesday in the English Premier League with professional and personal targets in mind.
Collecting three points at Molineux would see the Gunners? rejuvenation take them to sixth in the EPL table, with their early kick off giving them a jump-start on the rest of the league?s midweek fixtures.
That?s fine and dandy for the players ?doing a job for the gaffer? but don?t forget the fans, who would see their side notch a milestone of sneaking above arch-rivals Tottenham in the standings – unthinkable given the gulf between them in the lead up to the festive period.
Mikel Arteta?s side continued this season?s theme on Saturday, holding Manchester United to a draw at the Emirates Stadium in yet another drab contest between Premier League big guns.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang?s compassionate leave continued for that tie and may well do so again here, while wonderkid Bukayo Saka and Dani Ceballos will need fitness tests.
Kieran Tierney is also a doubt, while Martin Odegaard is poised for his first appearance after joining on loan from Real Madrid.
Wolves are on a rotten run of form and are heading south at a rate of knots, with Saturday?s defeat at Crystal Palace their third in four matches.
Nuno Espirito Santo?s side sit 14th in the table going into the midweek action, at least with the small comfort of a nine-point buffer between themselves and the relegation zone.
Rayan Ait-Nouri, Jonny and Marcal are all ruled out by injury, only adding to Nuno?s headache, while Ruben Neves may not feature following the birth of his first child.
Wolves vs Arsenal: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Wolverhampton Wanderers has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Wolverhampton Wanderers has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Arsenal’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop Wolverhampton Wanderers from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Can Wolverhampton Wanderers turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Wolverhampton Wanderers recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Wolverhampton Wanderers, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (50% of all matches) involving Wolverhampton Wanderers has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Arsenal has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Arsenal has scored 11 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Arsenal has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Momentum is really building for Arsenal as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Arsenal has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding once during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Arsenal is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Wolverhampton Wanderers, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 11 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Arsenal has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/20 games for Arsenal this season.
Wolves vs Arsenal: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained😕The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team?s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Wolves vs Arsenal: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Wolves Starting XI: Rui Patricio, Willy Boly, Conor Coady, Max Kilman, Ki-Jana Hoever, Leander Dendoncker, Joao Moutinho, Nelson Semedo, Daniel Podence, Pedro Neto, Willian Jose.
Probable Arsenal Starting XI: Bernd Leno, Hector Bellerin, Rob Holding, David Luiz, Kieran Tierney, Thomas Partey, Granit Xhaka, Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith Rowe, Nicolas Pepe, Alexandre Lacazette.