Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
It’s a daunting task for Arsenal in the English Premier League on Sunday, as they host a Manchester City side threatening to become runaway leaders at the top of the table.
Pep Guardiola’s men have won a record-busting 12 on the bounce in the EPL, roaring past a crowd including limping reigning champions Liverpool and neighbours Manchester United.
The 2019 Premier League champions come into the weekend a whopping ten points clear of United at the summit, with Everton their latest victims in a 3-1 Goodison Park raid last Wednesday.
Kieran Tierney returned from the bench during Uefa Europa League duty on Thursday night and could well be boosted to the starting line up this weekend.
Thomas Partey missed the Gunners? trip to Rome to face Portuguese side Benfica and remains a doubt for the clash with the league leaders.
Arsenal are picking their way through a mercurial season but did hit an upward swing again last time out, as Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang’s hat-trick-hitting return inspired a 4-2 home win over tricky customers Leeds.
It was a first victory in four attempts for Mikel Arteta’s men, who had already hauled themselves back up into mid-table around the turn of the year.
The Gunners start the weekend tenth in the EPL standings, a challenging eight points adrift of the top six battle.
Star man Kevin de Bruyne made his return from injury off the bench in midweek so could be in line for a start, as if City could be even more imposing.
It’s a handy boost for Guardiola given the doubts around in-form Ilkay Gundogan, who has a minor groin complaint.
Nathan Ake is the only definite absentee for the visitors as it stands.
Arsenal vs Manchester City: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Arsenal has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Arsenal has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Arsenal at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Arsenal recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Arsenal has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That’s 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Arsenal, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (42% of all matches) involving Arsenal has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Manchester City has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Manchester City has scored 15 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Incredible away form is being show by Manchester City and those travelling fans must be loving it. They have won the last 5 and is unbeaten in 6 away trips. Can Arsenal end their fairytale away days?
- Scoring is not an issue for Manchester City when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Arsenal stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Manchester City as they have now gone 15 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Manchester City has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 14 occasions.
- Manchester City is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Arsenal, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 15 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Manchester City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/23 games for Manchester City this season.
- It’s likely that Manchester City will score today, as they have netted in the last 12 games coming into this one and have scored 15 goals in the last five games.
Arsenal vs Manchester City: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Arsenal vs Manchester City: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Arsenal Starting XI: Bernd Leno, Hector Bellerin, David Luiz, Gabriel Magalhaes, Kieran Tierney, Dani Ceballos, Granit Xhaka, Emile Smith Rowe, Martin Odegaard, Bukayo Saka, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Probable Manchester City Starting XI: Ederson, Joao Cancelo, John Stones, Ruben Dias, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Kevin de Bruyne, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden.