Quick note: If you are playing The Sims 4 in a language that is not English, text descriptions for the ?Cross-Stitching? and ?Cottage Core? Likes/Dislikes are missing. This is not related to your mods or CC, but a bug created by the thing that should fix the bugs.
Back up your mods and clone your save folder, because The Sims 4 have rolled out a base game update that brings the so-called Neighbourhood Stories (a sort of story progression) to Simmers a mere seven years after the game first launched.
At the time of writing, there were no disasters being reported in terms of broken mods, but players and modders might still be busy testing. Since the most significant changes come in the form of “under the hood” stuff (oooh, did you like our pun?), gameplay mods are the most likely to suffer with this latest Sims 4 update.
That said, sometimes the updates for The Sims that we expect to break our games completely, cause little to no damage. But that doesn’t mean you should ignore backing up your Sims mods and saves before updating. Oh and, of course, remember to turn your mods back on after you download the latest Sims 4 patch.
As always, we take the patch notes verbatim from the official announcement on The Sims forums, and we edit only for style and brevity where required. Patch notes now available below.
Sims 4 patch official notes: 30 November 2021 update
Hope you are all well wherever you are in the World.
SimGuruFrost is already listening to Christmas music, I don?t know why, but I?m still holding off on playing it. I refuse as it is still NOVEMBER (I understand that with this update it is the last day of November, but it is still November, everyone? just saying).
But regardless of how I feel about Christmas music being heard everywhere today and not later, the one thing I relish is the excitement that this season brings. It?s the season we get together with family, and cherish whatever time we have with our loved ones, even if only digitally.
We have an exciting update for you as we introduce Neighbourhood Stories, some tech additions, and a few small but eventful things we managed to get into this update.
Thank you for your continued support and feedback and, remember, have fun!
The Sims 4 latest update: What?s New?
Introducing Neighbourhood Stories.
As you heard in our latest Inside Maxis, we are introducing to the game the first phase of our latest feature, Neighbourhood Stories.
This feature is about adding flavour (sabor!) and more life to Neighbourhood Sims who live outside your active household. As noted in Nate?s Blog, today?s update will focus on Sims that are connected to your Households and have relationships of some kind with them. Be careful what you tell them!
To start, check out the new Socials in the Friendly and Mean categories. Your Sim can try to convince others to make certain life changes and, vice versa, your Sim?s friends can ask their opinion on pursuing life changes.
Two (yes, two!) new Aspirations complement the stories you will tell. Be the Neighbourhood Confidante if you want all the chisme, I mean, if your Sims aspire to be a helpful and positive presence in the lives of Neighbour Sims. They will be able to earn a new Confidante reward trait, which increases the chance of conversations being pleasant and not at all awkward.
But if your Sims are a bit more? deviant, your Sims can aspire to be a Villainous Valentine who wants to destroy the love lives of all Sims, including their own. What can I say, we love chaos over here.
Sims that walk this deviant path will earn the new Twisted Heart trait, which makes all Sad and Embarrassed moodlets decay faster and provides a little bonus social when performing Mean or Mischief socials. They will be heartbreakers, dream breakers, and love takers!
For more detailed information on Neighbourhood Stories, check out Nate?s blog.
Logitech G LIGHTSYNC
If you use Logitech G LIGHTSYNC-enabled Mice, Keyboards, or Headsets on Windows PC, you can now experience The Sims 4 in an even more immersive experience. You can enable and disable The Sims 4 lighting scheme in-game by going to Game Options > Other and toggle the Enable Keyboard Dynamic Lighting option.
- Peripherals with Logitech G LIGHTSYNC technology support these effects:
- During Loading and while on the Main Menu, your peripherals will light up with spinning plumbobs.
- They?ll reflect the mood of your selected Sim.
- When visiting secret worlds, they?ll take on a color scheme inspired by the world itself.
Last but certainly not least?
- We took the opportunity to add Likes and Dislikes for Cottagecore in the Music category and for Cross-Stitching and Knitting in the Activity section. These were a bit overdue, but I?m glad we were able to add them for this update!
- We also took the opportunity to update the trait icon for Erratic to something more fitting to the trait.
- And finally, we have added in Build Mode the ?Through the Looking Glass Window? which was seen in some of the Industrial Loft Kit promotional art. You can find it in the Window sort, in the Base Game window options.
- We hope that you enjoy these additions and changes, now to the bug fixes.
Bug fixes for The Sims 4 in the 30 November 2021 update
Is your game filling with empty households? We made a fix to clear the empty Households when loading the game.
Get Together bug fixes
The Go Sledding Activity club icon has been added.
Eco Lifestyle bug fixes
- So you?ve got the hang of vertical gardening ? perfect for small spaces! You have several A-OK-Bloomer Vertical Planters, you?ve started to sing to your plants, cared for them appropriately, talked to them, and you decide to grow Cruelty Free Meat ? but realized you couldn?t harvest it? We reviewed our planters and sang a few songs to them and now you should be able to harvest Cruelty Free Meat from vertical planters.
- The Fabricated Floor Light (the round bottom one) is now able to be Fabricated.
- Being helpful in your community is good. And if you are in Henford-on-Bagley, even better. Sims that offer a helping hand and are Meddling and Peddling can now see and perform the ?Encourage to Flirt with? interaction? encourage away! But don?t forget to tell me all about it!
- Are you going to the Finchwick Fair? Crops, Llamas, Cows, and Chickens? Sims that submit high-value items to the Fair will now have a better chance at winning First Place. Remember me to one in Finchwick Fair? he was once a true love of mine.
- Living in the Simple Living Challenge can be rewarding, except when you can?t eat your Onigiri, Seaweed Ramen, and Avocado Maki Rolls. Our designers decided that Seaweed shouldn?t be the secret ingredient, so now you can make these dishes when living a simpler living.
Spa Day bugs fixed
Does your Sim desire to be a Self Care Specialist, but they are having trouble managing to keep regular clients so they never achieve this goal? It should be resolved now, so go get it, get it, get it.
Realm of Magic
Hereee we areeee? born to be Sims! They are the royalty of the Unnnniverrrseee. They are immortal, your Sims have inside the Immortality Potion. They have no rival, no other Sim can be their equal? now that the potion works!
Dream Home Decorator
We adjusted the pay for Interior Designers in their higher levels. I, personally, did not see an issue with this, Interior Designers need to get their coin, but we recognized it was maybe a bit too much compared to other levels in the same career path.
Just when you thought Kleptomaniac Sims had met their match, alas no ? they really had to go for that Kid?s Tent. What can you do? We fixed the issue that on Attempt to Swipe the tent would not disappear from the lot and not be in the Sim?s Inventory? in any inventory. So with this fix you will see your swiped tents in the Household Inventory.
Sims with autonomy ON will now be able to Knit when they are not having fun. Sims just want to have fun.
Bust the Dust
Those adorable ? but filthy ? Dust Bunnies were at it again! Maids didn?t have the heart to bust the dust completely. We told them it was ok to do so as no real bunnies are being harmed ? just dust ones ? and now they should be busting the dust entirely.
- About the writer
- Read more
Antoinette is a recovering journalist. She has won multiple Sports Journalist of the Year awards and with bylines in The Guardian, Sports Illustrated, Daily Maverick and the New Statesman – among others. She thinks it is a bit odd writing about herself in the third person, unless she is playing as herself in The Sims. She hopes one day Ian Google will love her again.